Elevation Polish Weddell Sea swatch & review

/ Leave a Comment
I'm a big fan of white mani - it's fresh, chic and edgy. There's only one white polish in my stash, OPI Alpine Snow which is a stark white creme. For the longest time I've been looking for a perfect off white polish that has something extra in it. Cue Elevation Polish Weddell Sea, a grey-leaning white with sparse holo and white, silver shimmers.

The formula was very interesting, not in a good way - it was chalky, think mixing powder in water. It was difficult for me to distribute the polish evenly on my nails, and the thin round brush that I'm not fond of made the application harder. First coat was extremely patchy; the second coat took care most of it by giving full opacity but it wasn't quite even.

Since it didn't dry glossy, I decided to put on top coat which helped level it out and bring out the shimmers. I was well on my way to put Weddell Sea in blog sale but the top coat breathed life into it and changed my mind. Despite the tricky formula/application, the outcome [with top coat] was gorgeous.

Indirect sunlight. Two coats over OPI Nail Envy. My mani was sealed with OPI Top Coat.