SV by Sparkly Vernis Mint Frosting Swatch and Review

/ Leave a Comment

-Provided for honest review

SV by Sparkly Vernis has recently released their debut collection, Frosted Sweets, for Winter 2014. This collection consists of 5 pastel holos that all have slight metallic qualities to them. I was fortunate to be sent 3 for review, so I'll be showing each polish one by one in the following week.

Mint Frosting is a seafoam green holo with green shimmer. As a green polish lover, I was most looking forward to try this out and the moment I applied this..... it blew. me. away. In real life, Mint Frosting has a greyed out, dusty look to it. On the nails, it changes depending on the light, sometimes looking more blue, sometimes looking more greyed out.

The shimmer is rather subtle, but overall it adds to the depth. This polish dries slightly metallic. This finish, together with the green shimmer, gives a brighter and shinier appearance that really sets Mint Frosting apart from other light green holos out there.  I honestly can't stop *staring* at my nails while wearing this!

Great formula that applied like butter. The brush was pleasant to use and two easy coats gave me full coverage. No staining upon removal. OPI Natural Base Coat was used in all swatches.

Artificial light without flash. Shown here is two coats sans topcoat. This is how Mint Frosting looks like most of the time indoor. Can you see the blue holo arc? Stunning!

Artificial light with flash. Sans topcoat.


*******
The Frosted Sweets collection from SV by Sparkly Vernis is now available at their store. To stay up-to-date on their news, you may like/follow SV by Sparkly Vernis on instagram and Facebook.

This polish was sent for my honest review.